- Meet with your local officers and your Pastor before having a ladies planning meeting to ensure that your regular meetings and special events do not conflict with the church schedule.
- In August, have a planning with your officers to tentatively plan the year. Make sure any dates or special meeting times, added during this meeting, are approved by your Pastor. Any special speakers must also be approved by your Pastor.
- Decide, among your group, who will promote your ladies meetings (i.e., announcements in the bulletin, written invitations, and special events).
- Oversee your monthly meetings. You should welcome each lady and help new ladies feel welcome.
- Start and end each meeting on time! Try to keep your regular monthly meetings to a maximum of two hours. All aspects of your meeting (i.e., Bible lesson, missions, prayer, snacks, etc.) should fit within this time frame.
- Communicate well with your local officers throughout the year. Be open to suggestions that may help to enhance your meetings. Remember, the goal is to glorify God as we reach out to women
- As President you are to oversee all committees. It is your responsibility to make sure all committees are functioning as they should.
- Election of officers should take place in the spring. Please make sure the names, phone numbers, addresses, and email addresses are went to our National Ladies Ministries Secretary as soon as possible. They can also be given to her at National CGBCI Conference. She keeps updated lists so communication can be easily made throughout the fellowship.
As the President it is important that you lead in love. Live your life as an example of a Godly woman. You must remember that your ladies group is under the leadership of the Pastor and should be willing to submit to his leadership. Your willingness to follow the leadership of the Pastor is a testimony to those around you. Listed below are responsibilities and ideas that will aid you in leading an effective ladies group. Please remember to pray and commit all you do to the Lord.
Being the Program Chairman is a special privilege. It is important for you to see your position as a ministry to the women in your church as well as an opportunity to reach out to those in your community. Commitment, organization, and diligence are necessary for bringing honor to our Lord. Your willingness to do a lot of ‘behind the scenes’ work will make monthly meetings more successful. Remain in constant prayer and be willing to submit to those in leadership over you. Remember that serving with a loving heart is the key to a Godly testimony and it will also draw others to our Savior. The following are ideas that will help you as your plan.
As Project Chairman you have the opportunity to be hands for Christ and you have been given the privilege to find practical ways of demonstrating Christ’s love to those around you. As you serve, be sensitive to the needs of others. Pray continually that the Lord will open your eyes and give you creativity and sensitivity so you can see projects that will be an encouragement to others. Commitment and organization, immersed in prayer, will be essential for your ministry. Pre-planning is also important since you will need others to donate talent, time, and possibly money. Communication with your President is essential and willingness to work as a team with your local officers will leave a good testimony for our Savior. Listed below are responsibilities and ideas that will help aid you in this position.
As Secretary you must keep accurate noes and be ready and willing to be called on to answer questions from previous meetings. Be faithful to the Lord in your areas of ministry. Your presence at the monthly meetings is important. If your group is writing to missionaries, pastor’s wives, shut-ins, etc., you may need to have cards and stamps readily available. If you have district statistical blanks and/or credential forms to complete our President will need your assistance to keep accurate records. You may also be called upon to conduct meetings in the absence of the President and Vice President. The following are some ideas to help you.
As Treasurer you must live your life for our Savior and strive to be a Godly woman. Please be careful and prayerful, asking God for His wisdom, as you guard yourself from the appearance of evil while handling the ladies’ finances. Your confidentiality is of the utmost importance. Please do not ever make known a lady’s offering contribution. Keep accurate records and have the total balances of the group’s funds available at your monthly meetings. Remember that as an officer you are under the leader of your Pastor and your local ladies President. Your willingness to submit to their leadership is a good testimony. The following are suggestions to aid you.
As Missions Chairman you need to commit your heart to prayer and be willing to live a Godly life as you shine a light on missions. Your role is a very important ministry. God has told us to “go into all the world” (Matthew 28:19) and though many may not be able to go physically we can all go through our prayers, cards, letters, and offerings. What a privilege to be able to share the world with your women. Your presentation of your featured missionary can cause other to become excited about missions. The goal is to generate prayer and financial support. Don’t forget that this is not just an interesting story time of a faraway tribe. These men and women are human beings making extreme sacrifices for our Savior. How wonderful it will be to meet those who came to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ because of your prayers, support, and encouragement. Please approach your position with prayer and creativity and keep your presentations fresh and exciting. Be willing to be stretched for the Lord. The following are some ideas to help you.
Because of Jesus we can go before the throne of God in prayer. You, as Prayer Chairman, have a great privilege in leading your women in prayer. Having a personal relationship with the Lord, through devotions and prayer, will show in your ministry and encourage others to grow in their spiritual lives as well. Prayer among Christians can be a bonding experience especially when it is done in a small group. Leading with a spirit of gentleness and kindness is vital. Please be sensitive to the fact that not all women will feel comfortable praying out loud. Provide a way for them to participate without making them feel ashamed or discouraged. Always be on guard to lead in a way that glorifies God. Be careful not to allow prayer request time to turn into a gossip session. Pray for God’s wisdom as you lead your women to the throne of God. The following are ideas to help aid you.